Eyeliner tattoo is an advanced permanent makeup procedure that recreates the look of wearing eyeliner.
Permanent Eyeliner Services
Using an electric device specially designed for cosmetic tattooing, the artist inserts semi-permanent pigments of natural origins into the skin of your eyelids, thus ‘permanently’ drawing on your eyeliner in the shape you want.
The whole procedure is generally considered to be non-invasive, since it involves no actual downtime and you can carry on with your life right after it, but it does entail a few weeks of healing, as your skin needs to recover from the micro-trauma.
Our certified professional staff will be your one stop beauty shop when it comes to make you look and feel the very best.
Permanent Eyeliner FAQs
Will I Lose Some Color During the First Week?
Just like it’s the case with all permanent makeup procedures, some of the color will fade in the first week.
You might think that the semi permanent eyeliner is too dark and dramatic right after the treatment, but it will fade a bit in the first month. So don’t panic. Chances are, it’ll look much better after 7 days, and you’ll definitely get the look you desired after the touch up.
What Can I Expect After the Eyeliner Tattoo Procedure?
Upon finishing the procedure, you will be instructed to clean the tattoo area frequently in the first 24 hours in order to remove the lymph. Otherwise, the lymph will turn to scabs, which can affect pigment retention. Lymph drainage is totally normal and expected after any permanent makeup procedure.
The basic aftercare instructions are:
• Don’t get your eyeliner tattoo wet for the next 7-10 days. This does not mean you shouldn’t clean the area, only that you should protect the area during showers, and avoid swimming, saunas, steam baths, and activities that cause excessive sweating.
• Don’t use make-up on or near the area for 7-10 days, until your skin is completely healed. You’ll need to remove the makeup, and harsh cleansers and rubbing can affect pigment retention.
• Don’t touch, rub or pick any of the scabs or dry skin that you might see on your eyelids. Everyone’s skin is different, so the amount of scabbing varies.
• Don’t sleep on your face.
• Don’t get any facials, peels, Botox or fillers for at least 4 weeks.
There is no actual downtime after the treatment, so you can carry on with your day, but don’t be surprised if you experience some swelling and redness.
Is Permanent Eyeliner the Same as a Traditional Tattoo?
Getting permanent eyeliner is a form of cosmetic tattooing, but it’s different from getting a regular, traditional tattoo.
First of all, it’s not actually permanent – it’s just a term that the industry likes to use, but the longevity of the color and the visibility will eventually fade to a certain extent. This is why this is also known as semi-permanent eyeliner, as a more modern technique, pigment technology and more advanced tools are used nowadays.
The pigments used for permanent makeup are formulated in such a way that the body can break them down gradually. Over a period of 1-5 years, the color fades and the eyeliner tattoo disappears.
The process is similar to getting a regular body tattoo, though – an electric device with a very fine needle is used in order to deposit pigment into your skin. However, the process differs in the way that the pigment is deposited relatively shallow into the skin, not as deep as with regular tattoos. It’s deposited into the basal epidermis layer, so just below the skin surface.
Semi permanent eyeliner is a two-visit treatment. Once your skin heals after the first session, you need to go back for a touch up.
During healing, some of the pigment is lost, so this is an opportunity to fix any lighter patches, and make the line thicker or darker if you want to.
How Long Does Permanent Eyeliner Last?
Your semi permanent eyeliner tattoo can last anywhere from 1 to 5 years, depending on your skin type, age, skincare products you use, lifestyle…
Even though the ink will be injected into the skin, the color will eventually fade. This means that the chances of the color fully disappearing are quite high. However, since everyone’s skin is different and holds the pigment differently, it’s difficult to say precisely how long it will take for the color to fade.
Generally, it is expected to completely fade after 3 years, if not sooner, but in some cases, a certain amount of pigment will stay visible for up to 5 years.
So we can only give you a general window – 1 to 5 years.
How Do I Prepare for the Permanent Eyeliner Treatment?
There are a few things you need to avoid before your eyeliner tattoo appointment:
• Do not dye or lift your eyelashes for at least 2 days before your procedure (some artists advise as long as 2 weeks).
• If you have eyelash extensions, have them removed at least 3 days before your procedure.
• Inform your PMU artist if you’ve had any eye surgery or intervention in the area (Botox, filler, laser eye surgery, etc.).
• Avoid taking the following for at least 3 days before your treatment: aspirin, ibuprofen, niacin, coumadin, fish oil, vitamin E.
• Don’t drink alcohol at least 24 hours before the procedure.
• Don’t drink caffeine 24 hours before the procedure – you’ll bleed more.
• Wash your hair that morning – you can’t get your healing tattoo wet for the next few days.
• Bring sunglasses to wear home as your eyes may be sensitive to light after the treatment.
• Relax! It’s not actually as scary as you might think.
Note: You won’t be able to wear contact lenses during the procedure and for the next 24 hours.
Can I Get an Eyeliner Tattoo if I Have Eyelash Extensions or Wear Contact Lenses?
If you have eyelash extensions, remove them at least 3 days before your eyeliner tattoo appointment. If you remove the extensions just before the appointment, there may be glue left behind on the lash line, which could affect the final outcome of the tattoo eyeliner. Once the eyeliner heals, you can get lash extensions again.
If you wear contact lenses, take them out before the procedure. Be prepared not to wear them for a few days after the procedure as well. Your eyes might be a bit swollen after the treatment, so it’s better to opt for glasses for the time being.
Can Anyone Get Semi Permanent Eyeliner?
Just like it’s the case with any permanent makeup treatment, most people qualify as good candidates for the procedure of getting semi permanent eyeliner.
However, there are certain conditions that make getting tattoo eyeliner unsafe, and thus impossible:
• Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy or autoimmune disorders
• Viral infections or diseases
• On-going chemotherapy
• Bleeding disorders
• Skin conditions like Psoriasis or Rosacea in the area
• Proneness to keloid scar formation
• Blood thinning medication
• Recently Botox injections or dermal fillers (you need to wait at least 2 weeks)
• Pregnancy and nursing
Permanent eyeliner can be a great way to enhance the beauty of one's eyes, allowing for an effortless look that is sure to turn heads. Those who are considering this type of service may have several questions in mind, such as "how long after permanent eyeliner can I...
The removal of makeup from semi permanent eyelashes is a delicate task. It requires special care and attention in order to ensure that the lashes remain protected throughout the process. A permanent makeup artist must be well versed in both their craft and the latest...
Eyeliner permanent makeup is a popular way for people to express their individual style and personality. It can be used as an enhancement to the eyes, or it can be used to completely transform one's look. This article will discuss how to do eyeliner permanent makeup...